On this website we will share the results of using various layout- and pagebuilders combined with the following (child)themes:
- Beaverbuilder theme + BB child, Admin Page Spider, Beaver Builder Plugin (Pro Version), Beaver Lodge Modules, PowerPack, BB Ultimate add-on, Beaver Tunnels, Simply Show Hooks and BBPlugin - Header Footer Templates
- Divi Builder from Elegant Themes, which is in principle a pagebuilder completely operated in the back-end (Dashboard) from WordPress.
- Elementor is a new player in this field. Relatively unknown, bit with some nice potentials.
- Genesis Framework + Dynamik Website Builder child, Beaver Builder Plugin (Pro version), Beaver Lodge Modules, Simply Show Hooks
- GeneratePress, Beaver Builder plugin (Pro Version), Beaver Lodge Modules, GP Premium, Simply Show Hooks
- Genesis Framework, Beaver Builder plugin (Pro Version), Genesis Dambuster, Simply Show Hooks
- Headway, Beaver Builder Plugin (Pro Version), Simply Show Hooks
- SiteOrigin, Genesis Framework + Dynamik Website Builder child, SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle, Simply Show Hooks
- WPBakery Visual Composer, Genesis Framework + Dynamik Website Builder child, Genesis Dambuster, Simply Show Hooks
We do not have any intention to be complete in this test environment. There are many more 'tastes, prices, technologies, possibilities'.
What will we test?
- speed of the various solutions(*)
- balance in front-end/back-end use
- header and footer handling in the various layout- and pagebuilders
- size of generated HTML source
- a summary of various settings
- the playing field of add-ons
(*) only done to compare the various results, not for absolute values of the server performance.
How to get a full width page
- advanced custom fields pro: depending on themesettings
- beaverbuilder: standard template
- divi builder: epending on themesettings
- dynamik: page builder template
- elementor: not found yet
- generatepresss: no template, no sidebars (in customizer 'element spacing' content left and right 0 pixels)
- genesis: standard template via Genesis Dambuster
- headway: not found yet
- siteorigin: via dynamik page builder template
- visual composer: via Genesis Dambuster
- AuthenticAMD, Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2344 HE
- Operating system: Linux 2.6.18-402.el5
- WordPress Version: 4.5.2
- PHP Version: 5.4.37
- MySQL Version: 5.5.42
- Web Server Info: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
- GD Support: Yes
- PHP Memory Limit: 256M
- PHP Post Max Size: 50M
- WP_DEBUG: Disabled
- Caching Allowed: Yes
- Caching Enabled: Yes
- Caching Plugin: No
Constant beta - disclaimer
Please keep in mind that this project is in the 'constant beta' status. Do not expect 100% garanty on the status level of every test we do or every product we evaluate.